THULE 847 Outrigger II Extension Bar
THULE 847 Outrigger II Extension BarThe perfect complement to a Thule kayak rack, this extension bar provides an extra hand when loading a boat by yourself.
- Retractable bar extends from inside load bar and provides pivot point for loading boats on tall vehicles
- Allows for full length of load bar to be utilized for other accessories
- Prevents unwanted boat-to-vehicle contact
- Strength and great looks are provided by steel bar encased with aluminum
- Integrated load stop prevents boat from sliding off bar when loading and unloading
- FM1 Adapter sold separately for compatibility with round bars (see item # 210148303)
|Fits Factory Racks||No|
|Load Assist Design||Yes|
|Fits Thule Aero Bars||No|
3.0 / 5.0
I have 2 of these, one for each vehicle. I have a heavy 17 foot 68 lb boat and am a lone paddler. The Outrigger certainly helps loading, but the stop is not tall enough when it is tilted up. Once I lost control of the boat, and it jumped over the stop. Since then I take extra care.Also, this bar slips inside your existing thule bars. If they have rust inside or the outrigger becomes slightly warped, seasonal application of light machine oil really helps the bar extend and retract smoothly.