SUUNTO Ambit GPS with HRM, Black
SUUNTO Ambit GPS with HRM, BlackDurability and precision are the essence of Suunto Ambit. Advanced features suit both on and off-season activities for the hardcore explorer.
The following product is flagged as Consumer Commodity ORM-D, which means it is considered hazardous and can only be shipped via UPS Ground or USPS Parcel Post. This product can never be shipped via UPS Next Day or 2nd Day nor USPS Priority or Express. Also, this product cannot be shipped to Canada, Hawaii, Alaska, Catalina Island (off California Zip Code 90704 ) Puerto Rico or APO/FPO addresses or Internationally.
- Fully featured GPS with waypoint navigation
- 3D compass for wayfinding
- Barometric altimeter for accurate altitude or weather watching
- Temperature reading
- Highly responsive pace and speed (FusedSpeed) with accelerometer integrated GPS
- Advanced heart rate monitoring with Peak Training Effect and Recovery Time
- Online sports diary with planning & analysis tools in Movescount.com
- Compatible with Suunto Bike and Cadence PODs
- Robust BuiltToLast -casing
- Outdoor mode with 50 hour battery life - with longer GPS tracking interval, suitable for e.g hiking
- Training mode with 15 hour - with shorter GPS tracking interval, suitable for e.g running
- Watch mode with 30 day battery life - watch mode including ABC functions
- 100 m / 328 ft water resistant (ISO 2281)
- The screen can be switched from light to dark background for optimal visibility or stealth mode
- Upgradeable with new functionalities through Movescount.com
- The Suunto Ambit Black (HR) package includes Suunto Ambit Black, Suunto ANT Comfort Belt, USB power cable, and Quick Guide
Country of Origin: Imported
|Average Heart Rate||Yes|
|Heart Rate Zones||Yes|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes|
|Stop Watch Function||Yes|
|Water Resistance||100 m|
|Heart Rate Monitor||Yes|
|Speed and Distance||Yes|
3.0 / 5.0
I'll have to take two stars off because of my dissapointment with the display. Besides that, this is a great watch in many ways.I'm a runner and I also have the Garmin FR610. The difference in remarkable.
Here's the deal: While viewing both watches paralell to each other on my wrist, the clarity is fine on both as long as you keep them stright in front of your vision. However, once turning the wrist away, the Garmins LCD stays visible signifficantly longer than the Suunto. In addition, the Suunto's GPS antenna is placed towards you on the bezel (wearing the watch on the left wrist) which makes the watch have a tendency to slide over, and away from your vision which makes it even harder to view.
As a runner, I want to be able to quickly glance at the watch without having to turn my arm up in front of my eyes.....
I returned my Suunto, and keep using my Garmin 610
4.0 / 5.0
I love the product.... The service however.... See Service/Delivery Comments