Polk Audio RTi12 5.25" Floorstanding Speaker - Black - Single
- Three 7" woofers have the surface area of a single large woofer with the low-mass and acceleration of small woofers, for a high force-to-mass ratio -- bass response is tighter, punchier, more accurate.
- Dynamic Balance® polymer composite drivers for smooth wide-range response with low distortion.
- PowerPort® Plus bass venting for superior clean, low distortion bass that you can really feel.
- 1" silk dome tweeter with a neodymium magnets for clear, detailed highs; heat-sinked (shown right) for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability.
- Dual, bi-ampable gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs (with wide holes for large-gauge bare wire connections) for the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring applications.
- Butyl rubber surrounds for high performance durability
- Acoustically inert stamped driver baskets.
- Floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
- Magnetic shielding for safe placement near video sources.
- Mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency.
- Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC Port) technology for more natural midrange reproduction.
- All-MDF construction with massive asymmetric cabinet bracing ensures resonance-free enclosures for accurate sound. (Cutaway view of RTi12 shown left, bracing is similar on other RTi models)
- Adjustable leveling feet in an outrigger base to provide stability on any type of flooring.
- Real Wood finishes at vinyl prices.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Diameter||5 1/4" (13.34cm)|
|Type||Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance with rubber surround|
|Type||Polymer Composite with Rubber surround|
|Total Frequency Response||18Hz-27kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||26kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||30Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohm|
|Subwoofer Crossover||120Hz, 12dB/octave low pass|
|Mid-High Array Crossover||1.8kHz, 12dB/octave low and high pass. 120Hz 12dB/octave high pass|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||50-500 watts per channel|
|Inputs||Dual (bi-amp) gold plated 5-way binding posts|
|Height||50 1/8" (127.32cm)|
|Width||7 3/4" (19.68cm)|
|Mid-High Array Enclosure Type||Sealed|
|Subwoofer Enclosure Type||Ported via Power Port Plus|
|Total Shipping Weight||88.00 pounds|
|Included Accessories||Outrigger levelling/carpet spikes|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor|
|Why settle for vinyl speakers when you can have the warmth and beauty of real wood at the same price, with speakers from the RTi Series. They are wonders of industrial design: real wood, radiant with metallic highlights and racing car lines. Classic Polk performance in a design that speaks to today's high-end home decor. True performance art.|
|The new standard in all out musical performance, the RTi12 floorstanding loudspeaker is the epitome of "Real Wood, Real High Performance." Its three 7" woofers benefit from having the surface area of a single large woofer with the low-mass and acceleration of small woofers. So RTi12 bass response is tighter, punchier, more accurate; accentuated by the addition of PowerPort Plus Bass Venting Technology.|
Cabinet resonance can ruin the sound of an otherwise well-designed speaker. You don't want to hear your speaker cabinets humming along with the music (they don't even know the words), you want to hear the uncolored sound launched by the drivers and tweeters. We take special pains to make sure that Polk speaker cabinets are resonance-free. All wood cabinet Polk Audio loudspeakers are constructed of costly low-resonance MDF instead of the cheaper and more resonant particle board used by many competitive speaker brands. RTi Series Speakers feature additional anti-resonance strategies, like asymmetric braces.
|For the new RTi10 and RTi12 Floorstanding Loudspeakers, Polk engineers went a step beyond PowerPort Bass Venting with PowerPort® Plus. PowerPort Plus works with two ports (front & rear) and a series of internal "plates" (as opposed to PowerPort's single port) to further reduce air turbulence at the mouth of the bass port, and increase bass efficiency. PPP allows even lower frequency tuning and lower turbulence for less noise and distortion, and more big musical bass, even at lifelike volume levels. This technology delivers performance that vastly exceeds conventionally ported speakers with bass that you truly feel, as well as hear. Learn more about PowerPort Plus.|